We provide information technology and electronics products and services to both private individuals and legal entities.
Information we collect
We ask for and collect the following personal information about you when you interact with our company:
- Personal information, such as your first name, last name, e-mail address and your phone number.
- Legal entity information, including company name, address, contact details, billing and payment information to fulfil our legal obligations to you.
- Payment Transaction Information. Eliko may collect information related to your payment transactions with Eliko, including the product name, type of payment instrument used, date and time, payment amount, tax amount, and billing details: first name, last name, phone, address, country, state, city, postal code, and other details connected with transactions.
- For marketing purposes we may ask you to provide us with additional information such as your job title, the size and field of activity of your company or other information. You have the right to decline any such offer.
- In some cases, for example if you request to refund fees you paid, we may ask to provide us the following information: your billing information (name, transaction ID, bank or last 4 digits of your credit card, billing date, etc.), email address. We also may require to provide us with identity verification information (such as images of your passport, national ID card) or other authentication information in order to verify your identity, and to comply with applicable law.
How we store, process and use your information
Eliko processes personal data in accordance with relevant contracts and legal acts (Personal Data Protection Act, European General Data Protection Regulation, The Estonian Accounting Act, etc.) and good business practices.
We retain your personal and legal entity information to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, to enforce our agreements, to support business operations and to continue to develop and improve our goods and services. Where we retain information for improvement and development of our products, we take steps to eliminate information that directly identifies you, and we only use the information to uncover collective insights about the use of our products.
We use, store, and process information for:
- improving our products and services, such as by performing analytics and conducting research.
- providing customer service: to resolve technical issues, to respond to your requests for assistance, and to repair and improve our products and services.
- detecting and preventing fraud, security incidents, and other harmful activity.
- verifying or authenticating information provided by you
- complying with our legal obligations.
- resolving any disputes and enforcing our agreements with third parties.
- enforcing our Terms and Conditions and other policies.
- providing, personalising, and improving our advertising and marketing. With your consent, we send you promotional messages, marketing, and other information that may be interested to you based on your choice. You can opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by following the unsubscribe instructions included in our marketing communications.
How we share your information
We collect information globally and store all information in Estonia (and the EU). We transfer, process and store your information outside of your country of residence, to wherever we or our third-party service providers operate. Whenever we transfer your information, we take steps to protect it.
Where you have provided consent, we share your information, including personal information, as described at the time of consent.
We share your billing information with any authorized third party in order to comply with the law, respond to legal requests, prevent harm and protect our rights.
Eliko may disclose your information to courts, law enforcement or governmental authorities, or authorized third parties, if and to the extent we are required to do so by law or if such disclosure is reasonably necessary: (i) comply with our legal obligations, (ii) to comply with legal process, (iii) to respond to verified requests relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other of our users to legal liability, (iv) to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Eliko and its employees.
Where appropriate, we may notify you about legal requests unless: (i) providing notice is prohibited by the legal process itself, by court order we receive, or by applicable law, or (ii) we believe that providing notice would be ineffective, create a risk of injury to an individual or group, or create or increase a risk of fraud upon Eliko’s property and its users. In instances where we comply with legal requests without notice for these reasons, we will attempt to notify you about the request after the fact where appropriate and where we determine in good faith that we are no longer prevented from doing so.
Eliko uses a variety of third party service providers to help us provide our products and services. These service providers are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and the United States of America. We ensure that these third party service providers have adequate security controls.
We may also share aggregated information (information about our customers and leads that we combine together so that it no longer identifies or references an individual) and other anonymized information for regulatory compliance, industry and market analysis marketing and advertising, and other business purposes.
We also may use this information for research and development.
We will never sell your Personal Data to any third party.
Other Relevant Information
You must use Eliko services and e-environments in a secure manner and with necessary diligence. You should ensure that your applications and devices (e.g. computer, smart phone, e-mail application, Wi-Fi connection etc.) are properly secured against data breaches. Eliko is not responsible for incidents where data is not protected due to inactivity or insufficient security measures.
You may access and update your information by sending a request to .
You have the right to ask us to correct inaccurate or incomplete personal information concerning you.
If it is applicable under the legislation in your jurisdictions you may request copies of your personal information held by us.
We generally retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us and to comply with our legal obligations. If you no longer want us to use your information, you can request that we erase your personal information. In this case, your information will be erased within 5 (five) working days.
Please note that we may retain some of your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations. For example, we may keep some of your information for tax, legal reporting and auditing obligations within 7 (seven) years in accordance with applicable legislation.
Where you have provided your consent to the processing of your personal information by Eliko you may withdraw your consent at any time by sending us notification specifying which consent you are withdrawing. Please note that the withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of any processing activities based on such consent before its withdrawal.
Where your personal information is processed for direct marketing purposes, you may, at any time ask us to cease processing your data for these direct marketing purposes by sending an e-mail to .
Most browsers allow you to choose whether to accept cookies or not. If you do not wish to have cookies placed on your computer, please set your browser preferences to reject all cookies, before accessing the Site. Please note that by doing so, some features of the website may become unavailable.
Effective Date: May 25, 2018